Sunday, October 12, 2008

2 worlds, 2 voices, 2 fans

OK, so I know what you're thinking. A Reba & Kelly concert? Really, Bri? Really?

Yes, really. No, like, really.

My dear friend Alison and I attended the concert at Energy Solutions Arena on Friday, and we had a rockin' time.

We love Kelly. We love Reba. Ergo, we screamed, we sang, we jumped, we danced, we giggled, we laughed, and yes, we even got goosebumps. It was positively magical.
Here we are before the concert. You can't see him, but Adam's taking the picture whilst making fun of our abnormal amounts of excitement. Oddly enough, many of our friends made fun of us for going to the show.
We are so misunderstood.

The opening curtain was this cool blue.
And then it turned this rad orange.
Us waiting for the show to start.
FUN FACT: Reba was Kelly's favorite singer since childhood, and after she won American Idol they met, sang together and became BFFs. Isn't that such a great story? And you could tell that Kelly is still just Reba's biggest fan and that she couldn't believe she was singing with her.
It was adorable.
Reba and Kelly sang together for two glorious hours.
Needless to say, "Fancy didn't let us down."


OK, so now everyone knows I'm a dork. (Most of you were already well aware.)

Oh well. You're stuck with me, people. You're all stuck with me.

9 comments:

Amander said...

Um, I'm a little jealous. Okay, more than a little...I'm totally jealous!

Kelly is so fun in concert - I can only imagine both of them. Glad you had a great time.

Kristina P. said...

I'm not a big country fan, but I do like Kelly. Looked like a great time!

Heidelweiss said...

There is nothing like going to a concert that is truly cool. It doesn't matter what anybody else thinks! You keep on liking Reba and Kelly no matter how nerdy it is and I'll keep on going to Andre Rieu (the waltz king).

Kara said...

Dork alert! Dork alert!

Erin said...

You know, I started watching Reba's tv show now and again (talk about dork alert) and I grew to really liking her. Concert sounds super cool.

Wendyburd1 said...

Hi, Wendy here. I love Kelly Clarkson...and Reba I love from Reba the show...and the shows SONG!LOL

Diane said...

Bri...you are so funny and cute. Glad you had a fabulous time at the concert! Sounds like a good time was had by all!

Kelly said...

I must say that you look pretty HOT all done up. How many men hit on you that night? Looks like this was so much fun.

Can't wait to see you very soon. Glad we get a glimpse of you before you head to Hong Kong for some serious adventures. Those are posts I am looking forward to reading.

Sammy said...

ah yes this is why i love you my friend. Because I totally would have gone to that concert with you.